Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• CodeMaster2008 151 posts 184 karma points
    May 27, 2010 @ 20:31
    CodeMaster2008

Error creating document type - clean installation

I just installed umbraco and during the installation process i choose a clean one (whithout runway).
    Everything appears to be working well, i can create macros, stylesheets, templates, etc but one i try to create a "Document Type" i get an error.

The related template is created and the document type appears on the tree, however one i select it this error appears on the right side of the screen:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.setupInfoPane() in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\controls\ContentTypeControlNew.ascx.cs:105
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.OnInit(EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\controls\ContentTypeControlNew.ascx.cs:782
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +210
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4200; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 

Also, i have no idea where this "d:\TeamCity" folder is comming from.

• CodeMaster2008 151 posts 184 karma points
    May 27, 2010 @ 20:48
    CodeMaster2008

I didn't change anything, just left for a coffee and now.. it's working. That's weird :-|

• aaronb 97 posts 116 karma points
    Mar 02, 2011 @ 17:59
    aaronb

Just had a similar issue. recycled the app pool and it's back now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft