Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sean Patterson 3 posts 23 karma points
    May 29, 2010 @ 01:11
    Sean Patterson

Path issues with blog4umbraco

Greetings all,

I'm running Umbraco 4.0.3, with the CWS installed and I've even managed to start my own site template using CWS as a model and it works just fine.

I installed blog4umbraco using the package manager and created a basic post in the blog it created in my root. This worked just fine.

However, I wanted to have the blog nested under the home page of my site. So I allowed blog document types under my site root, and created a new blog document type (pastorscorner) and created a new greeting post.

When I publish and attempt to view my blog entry, i'm getting a 404 entry with the error "/pastorscorner/2010/5/28/greetings.aspx" cannot be found. I check the URL and it appears the path is properly set. Do I need to setup some URL redirecting or something in the configuration?

In addition to that, is there a "home page" for the blog that shows recent posts by default? Meaning if I attempt to navigate to the root of my blog (http://barfoo.com/pastorscorner.aspx as generated by the publishing process) I get a similar 404 type error.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft