Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• curlybub 133 posts 107 karma points
    May 31, 2010 @ 04:47
    curlybub

Access root page on non umbraco subdomain

Hi,

I would like to install umbraco on our domain. Our existing domain has non-umbraco subdomains, subfolders and html files. How can I access the subdomains subfolders and other files after the umbraco installation.

My current experience is when trying to access a subdomain, it has to be subdomain.ourwebsite.com/index.html instead of subdomain.ourwebsite.com.

How can I make it to work?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Harry

May 31, 2010 @ 06:53
    curlybub

Here is what our root folder looks like.

website 1 folder (folder with files) "we access this by www.ourdomain.com/website1"
    website 2 folder (different asp.net application)  "we access this by website2.ourdomain.com"
    website 3 folder (php application) "we access this by website3.ourdomain.com"
    index.html                                      "we access this by www.ourdomain.com"
    htmlfile1.html                                 "we access this by www.ourdomain.com/htmlfile1.html" html files on the root is our existing website.
    htmlfile2.html
    htmlfile3.html
    App_Browsers
    App_Code
    App_Data
    bin
    config
    ... and other umbraco files.

What I want to happen is to access the files the same way that they are accessed before. website2.ourdomain.com should be used to and not website2.ourdomain.com/default.aspx after installing umbraco.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Harry

Jun 01, 2010 @ 04:59
    curlybub

Anyone? :D

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft