Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• CodeMaster2008 151 posts 184 karma points
    Jun 09, 2010 @ 13:10
    CodeMaster2008

Item got stuck on recycle bin

Today i was working on the backend and everything was normal, for a few times after I deleted some nodes I went to the recycle bin and the "Empty Recycle Bin" menu was working just fine.

Suddenly it stoped working.
    The popup opens but it stays there forever saying "items are being deleted, 3 remaining".

When I was trying to figure this out i noticed it says: "3 Remaining" when I actually had just 2 documents on the recycle bin.
    After that i moved the 2 documents to the tree and published them again.

With the recycle bin "empty", i clicked on the "Empty Recycle Bin" menu and once again it stays there forever, this time saying "1 item remaining" when it's actually empty.

What that could be? An item that was removed correctly? is there a workaround?

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    Jun 09, 2010 @ 21:39
    Chris Dunn

Have you recycled the app_pool to see if that clears things up?  I would also look in the database to see if the node exists and if the parent or path were somehow corrupted.

-Chris

• CodeMaster2008 151 posts 184 karma points
    Jun 10, 2010 @ 09:49
    CodeMaster2008

I found a post (close the browser before bookmark it :-) with instructions to cleanup the database. I removed that one record and now it's working. Thanks a lot.

• Njal 10 posts 31 karma points
    Feb 01, 2011 @ 23:28
    Njal

I was finally able to empty the recycle bin by removing orphan nodes (cleaning the database). See my blog for details: blog.degree.no/.../

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft