Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonas Henriksen 32 posts 90 karma points
    Jun 14, 2010 @ 15:17
    Jonas Henriksen

Multible domains - one website

I have a (customer) website, whitch should respond to several domains - same content no matter which domain is used.

My problem is that if I make changes to the content using domain1.com/umbraco/login.aspx the content on domain2.com/page.aspx isn't updated according to the changes. Result: domain1.com/page.aspx does not have the same content as domain2.com/page.aspx

The only way I can make the two domains show the same content again is to login to domain2.com/umbraco/login.aspx and re-publish all content. But it's not very customer-friendly....

Hope some of you guys can help :)

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Jun 14, 2010 @ 15:24
    Chris Houston

Hi Jonas,

How do you have IIS setup? Are all your sites running within the same IIS root folder?

It sounds like cache file is not updating for your other domains.

Best regards,

Chris

• Jonas Henriksen 32 posts 90 karma points
    Jun 14, 2010 @ 16:12
    Jonas Henriksen

Hi Chris,

Good point!

It's a website hosted in a shared environment. It seems that all associated domains needs to have their own app. pool to work properly. A technician set it up and I tested it - worked nicely.

Thanks Chris....

Best regards,
    Jonas

PS. Wonder why nobody has had this problem before....?

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jun 14, 2010 @ 16:16
    Morten Bock

Actually it _should_ be the other way around. All domains should be attached to the same IIS site, and use the same app pool.

I have seen sites with the opposite setup, and that causes each app pool to have it's own version of the cache, thus not getting updated when the other app pools perform actions on the content.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft