Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben Stevenson 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jun 15, 2010 @ 01:47
    Ben Stevenson

Canvas editing/creating tables

Hey guys.

In TinyMCE v3 to add or remove rows and columns to a table, you simply right click and select the options in the context menu.

However, in Canvas there is no context menu, so currently when one creates a table its numbers of columns and rows cannot be changed. You can add them easily enough in the HTML, but this then breaks the TinyMCE table properties box, meaning that once you start using HTML you have to keep using it. Opening the properties dialog just ends up creating a new table.

So, is there any way to enable the TinyMCE context menus in Canvas, or to make the number of rows and columns in the properties box editable?

Just for reference, yes the context menu is enabled in the Datatype settings. Using Umbraco v 4.0.3

Also another problem I'm having is using Canvas in Firefox. Can't seem to open the content for editing at all, and double clicking is just selecting a block of text.

And I suppose I may as well mention that I've added a Select Text Colour button to the TinyMCE toolbar, but its created 2 dropdown arrows next to the 'A', one on top of the other, and that is making the toolbar too high and making half of all the buttons float in midair. Have no idea what's causing that or how to fix it.

Cheers.

• Ben Stevenson 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jun 16, 2010 @ 05:05
    Ben Stevenson

Strange, after having and resolving issue found found here:
    http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/6888-A-potentially-dangerous-RequestForm-value-was-detected-from-the-client
    the editing now works in Firefox, but the menu is broken. But still IE seems to work without missing a beat. Something really strange is going on...

Also really need that context menu in Canvas if at all possible.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft