Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Umbraco_Fan 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jun 15, 2010 @ 19:58
    Umbraco_Fan

Datasource of the Document Type properties

Dear Community,

I am confused by the functionality of document type properties. At the moment I can not find a way to make a properties with datasource (at least in a way I used to it in Sitecore CMS).

Let's say I have Image property "Product Image" in document type "Product Page". I want image to be selected from predefined media folder "Product images".

Next I have document type "Banner snippet" where I want the property "Banner Image" to be selected from predefined media folder "Banner Images".

What is the best structural way to achieve such scenario? Do I get it right that there is no way to specify datasource of the property? Reading through the forum topics made me think I should always use ultimate picker if I need datasource for property. But should I then duplicate ultimate picker for every property where I need different datasource?

Another related question. I have specified parentnode id for ulimate picker data type and selected this data type for one of the properties. When I am trying to edit this property in content I can only see empty textbox

umbraco v 4.0.4.1

• Umbraco_Fan 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jun 15, 2010 @ 21:17
    Umbraco_Fan

The last question about empty text box is solved.

• Trist 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jan 30, 2012 @ 04:33
    Trist

Can I bump this please.

Sorry, really new to Umbraco. I want to have a checkbox list in one of my Document Types. I want the values of those checkboxes to be editable in the CMS. I know in Sitecore you can assign a datasource to a checkbox list. So is there way in Umbraco to point the checkbox list to a section in the CMS to get it's values?

Thanks

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 30, 2012 @ 06:36
    Jeroen Breuer

I think the best solution for this is the XPath CheckBoxList. There you can say what nodes need to selectable.

As for the topic starter about having start nodes for media you can try DAMP. There can say what part of the media section should be opened in the datatype.

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft