Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Drew 165 posts 339 karma points
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 13:18
    Drew
    0

    UmbracoGoogleMapMapDataType is not defined

    Hey guys,

    Used this package quite a few times before, this time using 2.0.3 on a 4.7.1.1 installation.

    When using the data type 'Google Maps', all the control renders apart from the map itself. When I enter a post code or search term and click 'Search' the following error is thrown:

    Uncaught ReferenceError: UmbracoGoogleMapMapDataType is not defined

    I've tried removing and re-installing the package, and manually switching the DLL too in the BIN folder, just to make sure.

    No luck though. Any ideas?

     

    Cheers,

  • Lee Kelleher 3886 posts 14629 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 14:29
    Lee Kelleher
    1

    Hi Drew,

    Seems that the JavaScript resource isn't being loaded properly.  Do you get any other JavaScript errors in your browser? (If you are using Firefox or Chrome, check Firebug or Developer Tools - see if there are any issues with loading a WebResource.axd file).

    Let me know of any errors, we'll see if it's fixable.

    I've just re-tested v2.0.3 on a fresh Umbraco v4.7.1.1 install, which works fine - curious what it might causing the error for you.

    Cheers, Lee.

  • Drew 165 posts 339 karma points
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 15:01
    Drew
    0

    Hi Lee,

    Already had a look for any other JS errors (and just checked again) - but the only error showing is for UmbracoGoogleMapMapDataType.

    Tried creating a new data type instance in the CMS based on the Google Map data type and using that instead - but no luck.

    Restarted IIS, tried using a new page/node (just in case) and also checked it in Chrome/FF and IE - same error though.

     

    Thanks,

    Drew

  • Drew 165 posts 339 karma points
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 15:07
    Drew
    0

    Just killed the ClientDependency files and refreshed, when the back-end loads, theres a single error:

    "k[l] is undefined"

    Although, jQuery appears to be working just fine..

  • Drew 165 posts 339 karma points
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 15:22
    Drew
    0

    Actually, ignore that - that error shows up on another 4.7.1.1 site too (which doesn't use this package)

  • Drew 165 posts 339 karma points
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 15:31
    Drew
    1

    Got it working!

    So, working on the basis that it was probably another package causing the issue, I compared the packages installed on this site against 2 other sites that use this package OK without issue.

    The "diff" list I had, which only this installation used, was:

    • AutoExpire ClientDependency
    • Examine Dashboard
    Uninstalling Examine Dashboard fixed the issue! So there must be some conflict somewhere with it.
    Cheers,
    Drew
  • Lee Kelleher 3886 posts 14629 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 16:59
    Lee Kelleher
    0

    Thanks Drew, good detective work!

    When I get chance, I'll install the Examine Dashboard, see what the conflicts are ... hopefully we can iron out the issue for a future release.

    Cheers, Lee.

  • Kim Løwert 130 posts 116 karma points
    Dec 11, 2012 @ 09:02
    Kim Løwert
    0

    Hi Lee,

    I'm experiencing the same issue as you have experienced above, and your description of the error and solution seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. But I haven't been able to solve the issue yet though. 

    After having installed the Google Maps package I have tried the following:

    • Clear browser cache
    • Deleted all files in /App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency
    • Installed package AutoExpireClientDependency

    The above has not resulted in me being able to get it to work. Can you please elaborate further on what you did to make it work?

    Thanks a lot in advance

    Cheers,

    Kim

  • Drew 165 posts 339 karma points
    Dec 11, 2012 @ 09:13
    Drew
    0

    Kim,

    Have you got any working installations of Umbraco that don't suffer from this issue?

    If so, what packages are you using this time which aren't on your other (working) installs?

     

    Otherwise - have you tried uninstalling various packages to see if its a conflice?
    (maybe on a clone/copy of your site) 

     

     

    Cheers,

    Drew

  • Kim Løwert 130 posts 116 karma points
    Dec 11, 2012 @ 10:35
    Kim Løwert
    0

    Hi Drew,

    Thank you for your quick answer. I actually haven't installed any other packages on my site, and it is the first time I have tried this package, so unfortunately I don't have any other references.

    I'm thinking it does have something to do with the ClientDependency but I'm not quite sure. What are your thoughts?

    Once again thanks a lot in advance :)

    /Kim

  • Lee Kelleher 3886 posts 14629 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    Dec 11, 2012 @ 16:27
    Lee Kelleher
    2

    Hi Kim,

    There's an option in the web.config appSettings to disable the Google Map from using ClientDependency. (I *think* it was in v2.0.4)

    <add key="GoogleMaps:DisableClientDependency" value="true"/>

    Worth a try.

    Cheers, Lee.

  • Kim Løwert 130 posts 116 karma points
    Dec 11, 2012 @ 17:47
    Kim Løwert
    0

    Hi Lee,

    Thank you very much. That last thing actually seem to have solved my problem :)

    Best regards

    Kim

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft