Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Edgar Rasquin 241 posts 634 karma points
    Aug 17, 2021 @ 13:46
    Edgar Rasquin

Failed to load plugin: nsMergeFields from url

Hi Markus,

I just published a website after installing NewsletterStudio. On my local mashine everything works just fine.

On the server, when I go to

Email > Campaings > Edit > Content

and I try to edit the default template I get the folowing error message in the editor:

Failed to load plugin: nsMergeFields from url

/umbraco/lib/tinymce//plugins/nsMergeFields/plugin.js

enter image description here

In Devtools I get the following error:

enter image description here

Am I doing something wrong?

Edgar

• Edgar Rasquin 241 posts 634 karma points
    Aug 18, 2021 @ 12:27
    Edgar Rasquin
    100

Problem solved. At least for my case.

I had another close look in the folder and figured out that there was only the

plugin.min.js

when instead Newsletterstudio is expecting

plugin.js

After renaming the file everything is working as expected.

• Markus Johansson 1721 posts 4929 karma points c-trib
    Aug 23, 2021 @ 10:53
    Markus Johansson

Hi!

This sounds strange, it might be that there is a missing file in the tinymce-plugin-folder that we're providing.

What version of Umbraco are you running on?

It might be that some settings is different between you local env. and live, probably some debug-setting? Did you have trace debug="false" on live and "true" on dev in web.config?

Would be nice to figure this one out. Thanks for the help!

• Edgar Rasquin 241 posts 634 karma points
    22 days ago
    Edgar Rasquin

Hi Markus,

sorry for getting back so late:

I am on Umbraco version 8.7.0

in web.config I have got the following lines:

local:

<compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true" batch="true" targetFramework="4.7.2" numRecompilesBeforeAppRestart="50" />

live:

<compilation defaultLanguage="c#" batch="true" targetFramework="4.7.2" numRecompilesBeforeAppRestart="50" tempDirectory="C:\Inetpub\vhosts\myDomain\tmp" />

Hope that helps.

Thanks

• Markus Johansson 1721 posts 4929 karma points c-trib
    22 days ago
    Markus Johansson

Hi!

Thanks for getting back!

I see, need to test this - it might be that Umbraco uses different files for the plugin depending on debug = true or false.

But if I understand you correct you have a temporary fix for this now?

• Edgar Rasquin 241 posts 634 karma points
    22 days ago
    Edgar Rasquin

Yes, as I explained above after renaming the file everything is working as expected.

• Markus Johansson 1721 posts 4929 karma points c-trib
    22 days ago
    Markus Johansson

Great!

I'll have a closer look at this and make sure to include a fix in upcoming releases.

All the best!

• Markus Johansson 1721 posts 4929 karma points c-trib
    15 days ago
    Markus Johansson

Hi!

Just following up on this one, it's a core change in Umbraco that introduced this.

When Umbraco runs with it uses the .min.js-file and when debug="false" it uses the file without ".min".

This will be addressed in the next release.

Cheers!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: