Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Kleber Hucalo 26 posts 165 karma points
    Jul 08, 2014 @ 06:58
    Kleber Hucalo
    0

    Problems loading the content

    I created a brand new website in umbraco 7.0.4, install the vorto 1.1 package, created the data type. created the document type to use the vorto data type.

    When I click on the content/create and select the document type it show me this error.

    I understand that it is looking for newtonsoft.json version 6.0.0 and my local is 4.5.0.

    I tried to update it package Manager Console by running update-package Newtonsoft.json -Version 6.0.0, however it updated the whole umbraco to latest version, I still want this website to run on umbraco 7.0.4.

    is this package compatible with umbraco 7.0.4, it says yes, but...

    Any idea what it can be or how I could update the Newtonsoft.json.dll file?

     

  • Matt Brailsford 2247 posts 11000 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jul 08, 2014 @ 09:47
    Matt Brailsford
    0

    Hi,

    Try adding an assembly binding in your web.config runtime > assemblyBinding, I think that should work

    <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Newtonsoft.Json" publicKeyToken="30ad4fe6b2a6aeed" culture="neutral"/>
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.0.0.0" newVersion="6.0.0.0"/>
    </dependentAssembly>
    

    Many thanks

    Matt

  • Kleber Hucalo 26 posts 165 karma points
    Jul 10, 2014 @ 05:03
    Kleber Hucalo
    0

    Thanks Matt

    I got it working by updating Umbraco to the latest version.

    I am working now on the template API to have a language selector to switch between languages, do you know any good tutorial or package I can use to archive that?

    Cheers

    Ps: Great package by way

     

  • Matt Brailsford 2247 posts 11000 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jul 10, 2014 @ 09:54
    Matt Brailsford
    100

    No Problem,

    Just so you know, the latest versions of umbraco already have that config in the web.config so that is likely the reason why it's started working :)

    Regarding the language selector, there are probably several ways it can be done, but it should be fairly easy to get a list of languages from Umbraco (maybe from the domains collection) and cycle through them to render a dropdown list. On selection you should be able to drop a cookie and have then either use that in your vorto property calls, or update the UICulture with it. I don't know of any specific tutorials, but if you search the forums, I'm sure you'll find some examples, and if not, feel free to ask if you need more help.

    Many thanks

    Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft