Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • JLon 316 posts 458 karma points
    Aug 04, 2016 @ 16:24
    JLon
    0

    Error converting Vorto value

    Hi Matt,

    I'm using umbraco V7.4.3 with Vorto V1.5.2 and I've noticed sometimes within my logs i've got the below two errors which I can't figure out what's that.

    The site seems to be working all fine. Any idea?

    Thanks for all the help

    One that said about positive infinity value another that said about unexpected character.

    Positive Infinity

    ERROR Our.Umbraco.Vorto.Converters.VortoValueConverter - Error converting Vorto value
    Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Error parsing positive infinity value. Path '', line 0, position 0.
       at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseNumberPositiveInfinity()
       at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
       at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
       at Our.Umbraco.Vorto.Converters.VortoValueConverter.ConvertDataToSource(PublishedPropertyType propertyType, Object source, Boolean preview)
    

    Unexpected Character

    ERROR Our.Umbraco.Vorto.Converters.VortoValueConverter - Error converting Vorto value
    Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: R. Path '', line 0, position 0.
       at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
       at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
       at Our.Umbraco.Vorto.Converters.VortoValueConverter.ConvertDataToSource(PublishedPropertyType propertyType, Object source, Boolean preview)
    
  • JLon 316 posts 458 karma points
    Aug 05, 2016 @ 20:57
    JLon
    0

    Found out what's the culprit. It's due to some imported content nodes that wasn't formatted correctly

  • Jeppe Vammen Kristensen 10 posts 76 karma points
    Dec 20, 2016 @ 08:29
    Jeppe Vammen Kristensen
    1

    I ran into this problem, and it took a long time to identifiy the source of the problem. The problem seems to occur if you have a property that was previously a textbox but has been converted to a Vorto property.

    It was expected a json value but the value was a string value. So it got Serving & food instead of { "values" ...., dtdGuid ... }

    It's not easy to find the exact culprit. But you do get some clues from the error message if it's a string value. If it says Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: R. the value it's trying to parse starts with R.

    I used to LinqPad to query the umbraco database. But you could use this sql script to query

    -- Region Parameters
    DECLARE @p0 NVarChar(1000) = 'R%'
    DECLARE @p1 NVarChar(1000) = 'Our.Umbraco.Vorto'
    -- EndRegion
    SELECT [t0].[id] AS [Id], [t0].[contentNodeId] AS [ContentNodeId], [t0].[versionId] AS [VersionId], [t0].[propertytypeid] AS [Propertytypeid], [t0].[dataInt] AS [DataInt], [t0].[dataDecimal] AS [DataDecimal], [t0].[dataDate] AS [DataDate], [t0].[dataNvarchar] AS [DataNvarchar], [t0].[dataNtext] AS [DataNtext]
    FROM [cmsPropertyData] AS [t0]
    INNER JOIN [cmsPropertyType] AS [t1] ON [t1].[id] = [t0].[propertytypeid]
    INNER JOIN [cmsDataType] AS [t2] ON [t2].[nodeId] = [t1].[dataTypeId]
    WHERE ([t0].[dataNtext] LIKE @p0) AND ([t2].[propertyEditorAlias] = @p1)
    

    The ContentNodeId can be used to identify the contentnode in umbraco. Remeber to check the debugging tools for errors when you go the node in the umbraco backend. If there is a lot of errors you might not be able to save the node.

    The solution for me was to set their values to an empty string in the database. That ensured that I was able to save the content node.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft