NOTE: The latest version 2.0 is built against .net 4 for Umbraco 4.5+
Please read important information below.
This package caches RSS/ATOM feeds to your webserver by retrieving them periodcally using Umbraco scheduled tasks and writing them to disk on your server.
The files can then be rendered to your Umbraco website using XSLT.
More information here: http://www.darren-ferguson.com/2008/06/14/feed-cache-package-for-umbraco.aspx
Practical demonstration of usage: http://kenny.no/archive/2010/12/8/xml-views-in-umbraco
In the latest version:
- Config is now in: ~/config/feedcache2.config
- Config needs to be migrated to the new XML format.
- Config is loaded at app start so config changes require an IIS restart
- Scheduled tasks are setup upon install.
- Version 2.0 does not work with versions of Umbraco prior to 4.5.