Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Markus Johansson 1643 posts 4628 karma points c-trib
    Feb 02, 2015 @ 21:58
    Markus Johansson
    0

    Getting ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS after renaming a page

    Hi Richard!

    I've just used SEO Checker on my first projects and it's magic! Thank you!

    But. I have a problem with redirected pages. This is what happens.

    1. Creata a page called "Test" and open that in the browser http://localhost/test/
    2. Rename the node to "Test2" 
    3. Going back to the browser and refresh this url: http://localhost/test/ I get an error from Google Chrome saying "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" 

    Any ideas?

    I have a set up with two languages on the same domain so its /sv/ and /en/ but with different languages.

    Umbraco: 7.2
    Seo Checker: 1.8

    If you need access to the site - just let me know.

     

  • Markus Johansson 1643 posts 4628 karma points c-trib
    Feb 02, 2015 @ 22:32
    Markus Johansson
    0

    Hi!

    Well, its turns out I had a custom INotFoundHandler that was probably the trouble. But after removing this handler the old ugly umbraco standard 404 is showing. 

    Is there any configuration that I need to set up before the automatic redirects works? 

  • Markus Johansson 1643 posts 4628 karma points c-trib
    Feb 02, 2015 @ 23:14
    Markus Johansson
    0

    Well =D

    After working some more. There is no automatic check for the old name but the old name "Test" shows up as a inbound link error. When I choose the new "Test2" page from there it just works the next time I go to "Test".

    But I was thinking that this should just happen automatically? Right? I mean adding a redirect when I change the node name of a node.

  • Markus Johansson 1643 posts 4628 karma points c-trib
    Feb 02, 2015 @ 23:23
    Markus Johansson
    0

    Okey.

    The last issue here was due to the fact that I had not configured a URL for my different sites. I have two nodes

    /sv/
    /en/

    I had just added the right language usign the "Culture and hostnames"-configuration but after adding a url as well all the automatic redirects works.

    But ny other issue with Swedish chars is still present: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/seo-checker/bugs/60991-Validation-dont-match-special-chars

    This is a great package =D 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft