Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Jeroen Breuer 4860 posts 12127 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 24, 2017 @ 09:59
    Jeroen Breuer
    0

    Seo Checker always running in trial mode.

    Hello,

    I've upgraded our website to Umbraco 7.7.4 and Seo Checker 10.0.1. On our production server we always get the message that we are running in trial mode. The seo-checker.lic is in the bin folder and I even tried to upload it again through the backoffice. Any idea what could be the problem?

    Jeroen

  • Richard Soeteman 3642 posts 11097 karma points MVP
    Nov 24, 2017 @ 10:08
    Richard Soeteman
    1

    Should be either the filename (must be exactly seo-checker.lic) or file rights on the lic file.

    Hope this helps,

    Richard

  • Jeroen Breuer 4860 posts 12127 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 24, 2017 @ 10:11
    Jeroen Breuer
    0

    The file name is correct. Will check the rights. Thanks!

  • Jeroen Breuer 4860 posts 12127 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 24, 2017 @ 11:58
    Jeroen Breuer
    0

    It doesn't seem to be an issue with rights either. It's in trial mode everywhere. Even local and I have full rights there.

    Jeroen

  • Richard Soeteman 3642 posts 11097 karma points MVP
    Nov 24, 2017 @ 12:01
    Richard Soeteman
    0

    It's either "Something" with the license file or with rights or with packagegarden dll. I assume you are not trying a Deli license file?

  • Jeroen Breuer 4860 posts 12127 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 24, 2017 @ 12:06
    Jeroen Breuer
    0

    It's the same license we've used on all our websites for years. It's the package garden version. Somehow it stopped working after upgrading to Umbraco 7.7.4 and Seo Checker 1.10.1.

    Jeroen

  • Richard Soeteman 3642 posts 11097 karma points MVP
    Nov 24, 2017 @ 12:09
    Richard Soeteman
    0

    I don't have that issue with the same versions of Umbraco and SEOchecker. Sure name is 100% correct?

  • Jeroen Breuer 4860 posts 12127 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 24, 2017 @ 12:35
    Jeroen Breuer
    0

    Upgraded to Seo Checker 1.10.2, but that didn't help.

    Copied the license file from a website in which it's working and even that doesn't help.

    Any other suggestions?

    Jeroen

  • Richard Soeteman 3642 posts 11097 karma points MVP
    Nov 24, 2017 @ 12:42
    Richard Soeteman
    0

    It must be "something" with the environment. Maybe something in the logs?

  • Jeroen Breuer 4860 posts 12127 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Dec 13, 2017 @ 16:23
    Jeroen Breuer
    0

    I've upgraded another project to Umbraco 7.7.7 and SEOChecker 10.0.2 and there it don't get the license error. So it must be something specific for this project, but I don't know what. Only thing I've seen in the logs is mentioned in this topic: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/89697-umbraco-forms-upgrade-migration-error

    Jeroen

  • Jeroen Breuer 4860 posts 12127 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 10, 2018 @ 12:22
    Jeroen Breuer
    100

    The problem was that in the web.config the LicenseFilePath was changed:

    <add key="SEOChecker.LicenseFilePath" value="~/App_Data/Licenses/seo-checker.lic" />
    

    Since the license file is in the bin folder we just removed this line and now it's working again.

    Jeroen

  • Richard Soeteman 3642 posts 11097 karma points MVP
    Jan 10, 2018 @ 12:27
    Richard Soeteman
    0

    Ah yeah that makes sense. One of the few people who uses that. Thanks for the reply

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft