Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
for a website i'm using multiple multinodepickers on a item. As soon as I install the XSLT search, the pickers don't show any results anymore. In the console I can see the following error: Uninstalling the search fixed it, but I'd rather use it.. Any ideas?
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
For some odd reason, I can't edit or delete the topic.. I'd like to remove the URL ASAP but I'm getting XSLT parse errors whilst editing, and deleting results in nothing happening...
I deleted the url from your original post.
No idea what is happening. I've never heard of a problem with XSLTsearch and uComponents before and lots of people use that combination, especially with the MNTP.
Can you get some information about the server error? Perhaps from the server's event log, or possibly from the log table in your umbraco database? That would help a lot. As it is, there's really nothing to go on to help you.
Thanks, this error appears in the console (element inspector) :
WEBURL/umbraco/plugins/uComponents/MultiNodePicker/CustomTreeService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData 500 (Internal Server Error)
During the installation of XSLTSaerch, It seems that I get these errors in housekeeping (using umbraco 22.214.171.124):
Error loading package action 'addStringToHtmlElement' for package XSLTsearch: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.standardPackageActions.addStringToHtmlElement.Execute(String packageName, XmlNode xmlData) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.PackageAction.RunPackageAction(String packageName, String actionAlias, XmlNode actionXml)
Error loading package action 'allowDocumenttype' for package XSLTsearch: System.ArgumentException: No node exists with id '0' at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.setupNode() at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.ContentType.setupNode() at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode..ctor(Int32 Id) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.ContentType.GetByAlias(String Alias) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.standardPackageActions.allowDoctype.Execute(String packageName, XmlNode xmlData) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.PackageAction.RunPackageAction(String packageName, String actionAlias, XmlNode actionXml)
Error loading package action 'moveRootDocument' for package XSLTsearch: System.ArgumentException: No node exists with id '0' at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.setupNode() at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.ContentType.setupNode() at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode..ctor(Int32 Id) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.ContentType.GetByAlias(String Alias) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.standardPackageActions.moveRootDocument.Execute(String packageName, XmlNode xmlData) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.PackageAction.RunPackageAction(String packageName, String actionAlias, XmlNode actionXml)
Still don't see any reason why those two bite eachother.. first time using the search in conjuction with the multipickers. This is what the graphical result is:
Hope you have any idea on where to look at.. Can't look at the server side errors at the moment. Checked file permissions though.
Thanks for the extra info and screen shots!
The errors during installation are not important; XSLTsearch will do some nice things for you if you have a Runway site installed. Othewise it will just put the search page in the root of your content tree. That's all those package actions are trying (and failing) to do because you don't have Runway installed. So no worries there.
As for the errors with MNTP... that's a wild one. Maybe one of the uComponents team can give some insight.
Which version of uComponents are you using?
I've never experienced this issue myself, and I use both XSLTsearch and uComponents on every Umbraco website that I develop.
The 500 error with the only time I've seen this is not with uComponents/MNTP specifically, but when 'umbracoUseDirectoryUrls' is being used on IIS7.5. (Seems that you might need to add a few script handlers to your Web.config?)
Still not sure why XSLTsearch could cause this issue?
This is a long-shot, but try deleting everything inside the 'App_Data > Temp' folder and re-publishing all from your top content node. I had an issue a while ago which seemed to be related to the examine cache which did odd things to the MNTP tree. Once the cache was cleared and the main content node republished the MNTP rendered correctly again. The only thing I was able to loosely relate it to was that it happened after using the back-office search. So not XSLTSearch-related but perhaps installing that package does something similar to the cache.
Like I say, it's a long shot...
Weirdly I got this again just now (umbraco 4.11.5 and XSLTSearch 3.0.4). The MNTP stopped working right after installing XSLTSearch. Very odd, but deleting the temp folder contents solved it again, so that seems like a reliable solution.
It's been a year ago and I can't really recall anymore how we fixed it. Sadly I forgot to post the solution here :/ I'll keep it in mind if I should encounter this again someday Dan! Thanks
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted