Released on Not yet determined
This is the main Umbraco download, generally you won't need anything else.Downloaded 6547 times - uploaded 29 September 2015
This release of Umbraco features an upgrade to MVC5 and WebApi 2 and a much improved method of load balancing your Umbraco site
Check the release blog post for more details.
Follow the normal installation guidelines.
There are a few minor breaking changes in this release, listed below. Make sure to go through them before you upgrade.
Upgrading through NuGet
NuGet upgrades will handle everything for you automatically, so you only need to follow the general upgrade guide.
Related changes from the issue tracker
- U4-6099 - cmsLanguageText.languageId needs to be a foreign key to the umbracoLanguage table & cmsDictionary.parent needs to be a foreign key to cmsDictionary.id
- U4-6148 - Grid values should not store meta data/grid configuration, the grid config should be accessed globally for use in rendering the grid
- U4-6871 - CoreBootManager.CreateApplicationContext & CoreBootManager.CreateApplicationCache returns the instance instead of setting the singleton
Issues & Tasks
- U4-2037 - AsynchronousRollingFileAppender keeps a thread alive at all times, we should only have a thread run when necessary
- U4-2276 - IFileService and ITemplate is not complete and doesn't create/update template files properly
- U4-2793 - There doesn't seem to be a way to un-assign a template from a content item with the new API
- U4-4216 - Create Public Access Service/Repository in the Core project, migrate logic from the legacy Access class and store in Database
- U4-5591 - Error Change premissions on many nodes. 500 - The server supports a maximum of 2100 parameters
- U4-6120 - Ensure stylesheet, stylesheet service and repository are 100% working and perform the required logic
- U4-6702 - Culture not being set correctly using UmbracoVirtualNodeHandler (wildcard domains not handled correctly)
- U4-6721 - Error when submitting Macros, Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. (after project has been updated to MVC5)
- U4-6733 - Adding dictionary item (7.3): No parent dictionary item was found with id 41c7638d-f529-4bff-853e-59a0c2fb1bde
- U4-6748 - Examine Management dashboard - same id occurs multiple times for Text Search/Lucene Search labels
- U4-6770 - When creating editorstyles: No stylesheet property found with name when creating headingstyles with capitals
- U4-6955 - Styles of Umbraco.Grid data type fails to load when the modifier property for the style has no characters after the placeholder
- U4-6992 - Need to figure out the best way for scheduled tasks to run with new Database server messenger
- U4-7055 - Examine dashboard lucene query does not URL encode the parameters resulting in incorrect searches
- U4-7056 - In BatchedDatabaseServerMessenger.UmbracoModule_RouteAttempt the Sync method is not being executed when using Virtual Nodes (custom routes)
- U4-7108 - Calling ContentTypeService.GetMediaType(id) with a guid that isn't in umbraco results in a SQL error
- U4-7124 - Install initial migrations data as part of BaseDataCreation instead of in DatabaseSchemaHelper
Make sure to give the installation instructions a read.
Check the free foundation videos on how to get started building Umbraco sites. They're available from:
World's best community
You'll find our über active community working hard to help each other at Our Umbraco: https://our.umbraco.com
Upgrading from older versions
Make sure to read the upgrade instructions before you attempt an upgrade.
Found a bug?
We're happy to help you with any problems you encounter, so please report them in the issue tracker and mention you're using version 7.3.0.
Do a search first though, if the issue already exists, give it a "thumbs up".
The source for this specific release is available for download from the repository (click the "ZIP" button).