Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Lingstuyl 202 posts 379 karma points
    Jul 01, 2013 @ 13:20
    Martin Lingstuyl

Contour grievances

Hi guys,

One of my clients keeps having these annoying little issues every once in a while. (Umbraco 4.7.2, Contour 1.1.12)

The two most prominent:

1. Once every few months a few entries turn up with 'Empty due to umbraco in trial mode'. This while the license is perfectly fine and in the bin folder. With the kind of form this is a big problem (even though its only a few records) I posted it in this thread.

2. Every once in a while a record mysteriously goes missing. It doesn't seem to be our fault, and combined with number 1 it makes contour feel a little untrustworthy. This thread explains the problem.

I just want to know: would it help if I upgrade to the latest version of contour? Is that even possible without breaking an otherwise perfectly fine installation?

Hope to hear from you guys. It's bugging me big time that it just doesn't seem to work like it should with this installation. I'm on the verge of just creating my own form and start using that instead of contour, but that would be a major pain in the ***.

Thanks!

Martin

• Comment author was deleted

Jul 01, 2013 @ 13:30

Hey Martin,

It's always recommended to use the latest contour version, but if you want to upgrade you will also need to upgrade Umbraco to at least 4.10

For issue one, could it be that a page is also accessible trough a url that isn't part of the license? That would explain the behaviour, otherwise when upgrading Contour to the latest version there is also an option to regen the records xml and no data is ever replaced in that version (so even in trail you can get the data once you registered)

For 2 like I explained in that thread the only way to delete records from the Contour core is when using hte records viewer and manually deleting the record... 

If you can access the server logs you can check if there has been requests to delete records...

So requests to /umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/webservices/recordActions.aspx where it has the ?action set to cb126b76-9011-11df-a4ee-0800200c9a66

Jul 01, 2013 @ 14:06
    Martin Lingstuyl

Tim, your a lifesaver!

You're right. This specific contour entry was entered from a different domain which isn't added in the contour License. Very stupid, as we've made this misstake before :-)

Okay, that made my day a little better. Now I'm still hoping for some closure in issue 2. Which server logs do you mean here?

The umbracoLog table doesn't log general usage of the recordAction. Though it did log some sql errors.

At /umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/webservices/recordActions.aspx?form=9aa36a9c-5bc2-472f-966c-d1e67ca0d758&record=08b5e774-0635-4067-82ee-d122a52ffb10&action=cb126b76-9011-11df-a4ee-0800200c9a66 (Referred by: http://www.eft.nl/umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/editFormEntries.aspx?guid=9aa36a9c-5bc2-472f-966c-d1e67ca0d758): umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_UFRecords_UFForms". The conflict occurred in database "stichting_eft_nl", table "dbo.UFForms", column 'Id'.  The statement has been terminated.

But that's a different cup of tea (unless you think it might be related)

So where can I get these server logs you're talking about?

Jul 01, 2013 @ 14:09

Yeah won't be in your Umbraco log files but look into the IIS logs they should log every request made so you can then see if a delete was done 

Jul 01, 2013 @ 14:13

By default, IIS log files are located in the following directories:

• IIS 7 and later: %SystemDrive%\inetpub\logs\LogFiles
    • IIS 6 and earlier: %WinDir%\System32\LogFiles

Jul 01, 2013 @ 14:14

Jul 01, 2013 @ 14:17

So yeah I would search the log files for calls to recordActions.aspx and see if you can find the id's of the records that are gone

Jul 02, 2013 @ 11:56
    Martin Lingstuyl

Okay, so I believe I found the request in the server logs. Thanks a lot for helping out!

Jul 02, 2013 @ 11:57

Great :) glad it's all sorted!

Jul 02, 2013 @ 12:23
    Martin Lingstuyl

Contour is safe again :)

It's so annoying if something is happening that you can't put your finger on. I thought it was just quirky behaviour, but apparently its not. Great to know that!

• Bipin Kataria 29 posts 60 karma points
    Dec 17, 2014 @ 02:15
    Bipin Kataria

Hi Tim,

I am also getting same error. I have valid licence for our website and entry was submitted from the same domain. However, still we are getting error "Empty due to Umbraco Contour in trial mode" for some of the records. Please see Contour Entry screen. When I edit that record then I am able to see the correct/valid values!! When I check the XML in database tables then it also has the correct data.

I checked everything and looks everything good. Its happening some some of the records only. Could you please help me with this issue?

Thanks,
    Bipin

Dec 17, 2014 @ 09:50

@Bipin, could it be that the site is accesible from multiple domains, and one of those domains isn't licensed? 

Dec 17, 2014 @ 18:25
    Bipin Kataria

Hi Tim,

That is not the case. Domain is always the same. Because we only have 1 domain (www.lionquays.co.uk). Without www url will be redirected to www. url. We have developmenet site but that has seperate database.

This is hapending random. Data in different table is saving correctly. Only problem is that its sending email and showing records in CMS with data as "Empty due to Umbraco Contour in trial mode". Bydefault all entries will be saved as "Approved". When I re-approve entries which shows records as "Empty due to Umbraco Contour in trial mode" then it is showing data correctly. I looked everything and could not find any issues. On CMS, it does not show any indication of trial mode as well.

Could this be any browser specific or Operating Specific when visitors are submitting the form on website? licence file has required read/write access in bin folder.

Thanks,
    Bipin

Jul 15, 2017 @ 03:09
    Bipin Kataria

Does anyone know the fix for error: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FKUFRecordsUFForms". The conflict occurred in database "intranet", table "dbo.UFForms", column 'Id'. The statement has been terminated. ?

I could not find the fix for this. I have latest Contour version. And I am trying to delete the record from CMS Contour. but getting error with the page call: http://website.com/umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/webservices/recordActions.aspx?form=11df48d9-23b0-4ed9-9eaa-0f3bc181c744&record=cae52214-6d77-4165-82e5-d2b4e1486dbc&action=cb126b76-9011-11df-a4ee-0800200c9a66&_=1500087606989

Jul 15, 2017 @ 04:25
    Bipin Kataria

Please ignore this request. Its issue with Contour. When you delete the record, it automatically does not refresh the screen, but actually it has physically deleted the record. So, user tries to delete the same record again, but actually this time record is not there in database and you see this error / exception.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft