Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• tla 35 posts 71 karma points
    Nov 29, 2010 @ 14:15
    tla

Umbraco Dictionairy Error - Item has already been added.

Hello all,

I'm running Umbraco v. 4.5.2 and I'm facing the followign problem:

I have used the dictionairy to create keys used both on pages independantly and for use with Contour forms. But now, when I click the dictionairy in the developers section, I get the following asp.net exception:

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'FrontPage'  Key being added: 'FrontPage' body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }

Server Error in '/' Application.

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'FrontPage'  Key being added: 'FrontPage'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'FrontPage'  Key being added: 'FrontPage'

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
       <system.web>
           <compilation debug="true"/>
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'FrontPage'  Key being added: 'FrontPage']
       System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add) +9360699
       System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value) +11
       System.Collections.SyncHashtable.Add(Object key, Object value) +78
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Dictionary.ensureCache() +384
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Dictionary.get_getTopMostItems() +30
       umbraco.presentation.settings.DictionaryItemList..ctor() +65
       ASP.umbraco_settings_dictionaryitemlist_aspx..ctor() +13
       __ASP.FastObjectFactory_app_web_dictionaryitemlist_aspx_a5729980_pj_74vt1.Create_ASP_umbraco_settings_dictionaryitemlist_aspx() +20
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledType.CreateInstance() +32
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp) +109
       System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +31
       System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String virtualPath, String path) +37
       System.Web.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +334
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

What went wrong? And more importantly, how can I locate the duplicate entry and remove it?

Nov 29, 2010 @ 14:22
    tla

Swapping web.config to debug="true" showed me the key that is causing the problems.

How was it possible to add the same item twice?

Nov 29, 2010 @ 14:35
    tla

And equally important, how can I fix this? This is the debug information shown

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'FrontPage'  Key being added: 'FrontPage' body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'FrontPage'  Key being added: 'FrontPage'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'FrontPage'  Key being added: 'FrontPage'

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\f5237532\d1b13336\App_Web_dictionaryitemlist.aspx.a5729980.afy2hqnv.0.cs    Line: 0

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'FrontPage'  Key being added: 'FrontPage']
       System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add) +9360699
       System.Collections.SyncHashtable.Add(Object key, Object value) +78
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Dictionary.ensureCache() +384
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Dictionary.get_getTopMostItems() +31
       umbraco.presentation.settings.DictionaryItemList..ctor() +66
       ASP.umbraco_settings_dictionaryitemlist_aspx..ctor() in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\f5237532\d1b13336\App_Web_dictionaryitemlist.aspx.a5729980.afy2hqnv.0.cs:0
       __ASP.FastObjectFactory_app_web_dictionaryitemlist_aspx_a5729980_afy2hqnv.Create_ASP_umbraco_settings_dictionaryitemlist_aspx() in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\f5237532\d1b13336\App_Web_dictionaryitemlist.aspx.a5729980.afy2hqnv.1.cs:0
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledType.CreateInstance() +32
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp) +109
       System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +31
       System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String virtualPath, String path) +37
       System.Web.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +334
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Nov 29, 2010 @ 14:52
    tla

It would appear that deleting the entry Message that caused the original duplicate entry from the database and then restarting the app pool + website in the IIS Manager solved the problem.

• Murray Roke 502 posts 965 karma points c-trib
    Mar 24, 2011 @ 20:41
    Murray Roke

I had the same error, in my case the reported duplicate was not the actual duplicate.

In order to delete, you need to find the duplicate key in the cmsDictionary table, then delete all the entries with that id in the cmsLanguageText table then delete the entry from the cmsDictionary table. (to avoid constraint violation)

• David W. 159 posts 284 karma points c-trib
    Aug 16, 2011 @ 16:09
    David W.

Used Murrays solution wich worked fine (same issue with reported key not actual duplicate). I suppose cache would have something to do with this error? I think I first created the dictionaryitem on dev enviroment (against prod-db), the as the dictionary item was not visible on prod-enviroment, I re-created it there.

• Josh Reid 182 posts 258 karma points
    Oct 04, 2011 @ 23:07
    Josh Reid

I have the same issue, but in my case there are NO entries in either table?!

Anyone have any other ideas? Umb 4.7.0 IIS6 .NET 4.0

Full error as follows...

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '31'  Key being added: '31'

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '31'  Key being added: '31'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '31'  Key being added: '31']
       System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add) +9353115
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.CreateChildControls() +660
       System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +32
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +140
       System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +197
       System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +79
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +1173
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +140
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +480

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.237

• Palle Hansen 143 posts 396 karma points
    Oct 25, 2011 @ 20:16
    Palle Hansen

Hi Josh,

I've got the same issue just now. Solved it, by touching the web.config file.

Best regards
    Palle

Oct 26, 2011 @ 08:23
    tla

It could be a matter of caching, yes

• Matt Watson 33 posts 55 karma points
    Oct 31, 2011 @ 14:55
    Matt Watson

Palle had the answer for me, just touch the web.config and all is fine!

Phew, I thought I had major issues there for a while!

Oct 31, 2011 @ 23:43
    Josh Reid

So yes, we know touching the web.config will provide a TEMPORARY fix, but when your client contacts you every week (sometimes several times) to touch the web.config it becomes a very substandard fix - so if anyone finds a more permanent fix, I would love to hear it ;)

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Nov 14, 2011 @ 11:13
    Rich Green

We have exactly the same problem, with exactly the same key (31) Umbraco 4.7.0

It can also be fixed by randomly saving any datatype (not 100% but have done this once)

Josh, did you find a fix?

Rich

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '31'  Key being added: '31'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '31'  Key being added: '31'

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException:Item has already been added.Keyin dictionary:'31'  Key being added:'31']

System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key,Object nvalue,Boolean add)+9353115

System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key,Object value)+11
       umbraco
    .controls.ContentControl.CreateChildControls()+660

System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()+102
       umbraco
    .controls.ContentControl.OnInit(EventArgs e)+32

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)+140

System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control,Int32 index)+197

System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child)+79
       umbraco
    .cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e)+1173

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)+140

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)+480

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.237

Nov 14, 2011 @ 20:46
    Josh Reid

Hi Rich

Yes, I have found that an upgrade to 4.7.1 (a very easy undertaking), and a recycle of the appPool afterwards has fixed the issue.

I would thoroughly recommend the 4.7.1 upgrade to anyone running 4.7.0 as it fixes many issues and you can use the keepUserLoggedIn setting to stop the semi-annoying lock-out modal ;)

Cheers
    J

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Feb 13, 2012 @ 01:17
    Nigel Wilson

Unfortunately we are experiencing problems on V 4.7.1 within the content tree - getting the same sorts of errors on a semi regular basis (approx once every 2 weeks).

The cmsDictionary / cmsLanguageText tables look fine.

Touching the web.config does fix the immediate problem but the error message is like a boomerang...

Any ideas anyone ?

Nigel

• rioja 3 posts 23 karma points
    Feb 14, 2012 @ 04:09
    rioja

I have the same issues with duplicate keys. The umbracoLog table is loaded with Errors and macros stop appearing throughout the site. It's the same error repeatidly.

Running 4.7.1.1.

Can't import MacroEngine 'umbraco.MacroEngines.RazorMacroEngine': 
    System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.     
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)     
    at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.MacroEngineFactory.getEngines(List`1 types) 
    Sep 05, 2012 @ 03:30
    Josh Reid

Again on 4.7.1.1 we are getting intermittent errors in the content tree, and doc saving, etc...

Question is is this fixed in future versions so i can ugrade the site to provide more stability?

Latest error:

At /umbraco/editContent.aspx?id=1620 (Referred by: http://nautitravel.com.win.mydns.net.nz/umbraco/umbraco.aspx): System.ArgumentException: Incorrect TinyMCE configuration.  Parameter name: Configuration ---> System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'removeformat'  Key being added: 'removeformat'     at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add)     at System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value)     at umbraco.editorControls.tinymce.tinyMCEConfiguration.init()     at umbraco.editorControls.tinymce.tinyMCEConfiguration.get_Plugins()     at umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE..ctor(IData Data, String Configuration)     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---     at umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE..ctor(IData Data, String Configuration)     at umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.tinyMCE3dataType.get_DataEditor()     at umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption)     at umbraco.controls.ContentControl.CreateChildControls()     at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()     at umbraco.controls.ContentControl.OnInit(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)     at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)     at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child)     at umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

• Rune Grønkjær 1371 posts 3102 karma points
    Oct 11, 2012 @ 15:13
    Rune Grønkjær

Touching web.config did the trick for me as well!

/Rune

• Adam Jenkin 71 posts 226 karma points
    Nov 29, 2012 @ 14:57
    Adam Jenkin

Has anyone figured if this has definately been fixed in a later version than 4.7.1.1.

I have a site where this is randomely occuring. From the umbaco log table:

Can't import MacroEngine 'umbraco.MacroEngines.RazorMacroEngine': System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.     at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)     at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)     at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.MacroEngineFactory.getEngines(List`1 types)

Another fix that I know of is to load a template through the back office and click save.

• Voy 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 19, 2012 @ 10:50
    Voy

Yes, i con confirm experiencing similar problem with umbraco version 4.11.1 also. The 'Item with the same key has already been added' exception here points at tinyMCE. I've created a local fix until I can work out how to report a bug here (hopefully someone reading this can assist or convey the information across).

I can reproduce the exception reliably when I create a document via API and redirect (ChangeContentFrameUrl) to editContent.aspx that shows tinyMCE (rich edit) control, if this is the very first time the control is being created - i.e. no content was looked at since the application started (application pools recycled, etc.).

Here, issue is due to two threads simultaneously running through tinyMCE's configuration (and without having a look, I suspect other controls around may use similar pattern to initialise), both attempting to initialise internal hash table from config file (i.e. a race condition). One will succeed, and the other will fail with the exception.

To fix, I've wrapped the offending code (tinyMCEConfiguration.cs line 105) into a thread lock:

private static object Lock = new object();

private static void init()
    {
        var init = _init;
        if (!init)
        {
            lock (Lock)
            {
                init = _init;
                if (!init)
                {
                    ... init function body ...
                }
            }
        }
    }

/Voy.

Forgot to mention that init() function is invoked during CreateChildControls() - i.e. when the control is being rendered, which in tinyMCEs case, implementation populates internal hash table with configuration from files "once" only.

• René 327 posts 852 karma points
    Mar 11, 2013 @ 12:35
    René

HI Has anyone suceed with this solution. 

I have an umbraco 4.11.4 with the same problem, after 14 days all nodes are gone.

Kindly René

• Dave 7 posts 27 karma points
    Apr 15, 2013 @ 15:01
    Dave

Umbraco 6.0.3

Touching the web.config does nothing

Restart IIS does nothing

Tables in SQL are empty

This is turning into the worst CMS by far to set up which is a damned shame as it showed so much promise.

Documents are sketchy, videos are useless, is this a ploy just to get Umbraco developers more work.

I'm beginning to think I should just write my own CMS, It would save me a boat load of time for sure.

Dave

Apr 15, 2013 @ 15:04
    Rich Green

Hey Dave,

What version of Umbraco are you using and what exactly is your issue?

Rich

Apr 15, 2013 @ 15:20
    Dave

Where should I start

V6.0.3

After 5 days of trying I finally managed to set it up manually

Tried one of the starter packs to get me going, from the repository that just gave me error after error

Tried to remove the Starter Pack and now just get "

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'homepage'  Key being added: 'homepage'

Is there an easy way to start from scratch

All I want to do is create some pages, simple navigation and stylesheets etc

Something that would take 5 minutes if I did it in HTML

Apr 15, 2013 @ 15:35
    Rich Green

Hi Dave,

I understand your frustrations, the website / support / videos are far from perfect, however despite that and a learning curve the payoff is a flexible and solid CMS.

The starter kits, sorry to say these should have been killed of, they were not a success in my opinion and I'm not even sure they are supposed to work with Umbraco 6 (could be wrong I don't use them).

The easiest way to install is via the Web Platform installer http://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx some more up to date videos are here http://beta.umbraco.tv/

Umbraco is a bit of a transitional period (the move from 4 to 6, XSLT to Razor and Web Forms to MVC) so it's hard to know what documentation to use, Umbraco HQ are trying hard to sort this.

At the end of the day like any product there's always a learning curve, I had *exactly* the same frustrations as you when I started over 4 years ago, somehow I knew it would be worth it, once it 'clicks' then you understand how powerful & simple it is.

Some packages which I would recommend as starter kits are http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/standard-website (make sure you install an pre 4.10 version of Umbraco ) or http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/standard-website-mvc (you can use this with 6.0.3)

Most people are moving to MVC, however it's fairly new in Umbraco.

Hope that helps, I know it's confusing, if you need further help send me a tweet, I'm happy to spend 10 minutes helping you get started.

Rich

Apr 15, 2013 @ 15:52
    Dave

Rich

Its all incredibly confusing which goes against all the good things I've heard about Umbraco previously

I appreciate the payoff which is why I'm perservering with it. I'm close to giving up but not just yet. I hear many good things about Umbraco so it would be a shame to give up on it.

Thanks loads. The WebPI and WebMatrix would not install as my SQL server is external the only way that I could install was to do it manually. Its installed and working so now I just need to add content. I'm glad to hear that about the startet kits as in my limited experience with them they were just a pain and not worth the effort.

The video's are a bit naff, most seem to be some guy droning on about some non-sense where I just want something that tells me exactly and precisely how to do something. E.g. How do I create a page, style it and show it on my website. Nothing is joined up which is a shame.

I'm not trying to create a complicated website, just something nice and simple. The I and a few others (non-techy) can maintain.

Dave

Apr 15, 2013 @ 15:54
    Dave

PS. I still need to get rid of this error

Apr 15, 2013 @ 16:07
    Rich Green

Hey Dave,

I'm not sure why you would need to install Umbraco to run on a remote database, just choose SQL CE (these is one file so super easy to deploy).

One of the downside to learning Umbraco is it's flexibility, it's not Wordpress, you could build any website you want in Umbraco, you get nothing out the box, which feels a little wrong at first but this is the reason you end up staying with it.

With regards to the problem you're having I would scrap that site and start again.

Use WPI and choose SQL CE to get Umbraco installed locally.

Switch the site to MVC (go to ~/config/umbracoSettings.config  and change to the following: <defaultRenderingEngine>Mvc</defaultRenderingEngine> http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2012/10/30/getting-started-with-mvc-in-umbraco-410.aspx) and install http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/standard-website-mvc this will give you a running website and you can edit the templates / css etc.

Rich

Apr 15, 2013 @ 16:17
    Dave

Rich

I already had the database just sitting there so it wasnt any problem. We dont really like to install DB servers on non-db boxes so it wasnt a great issue anyway.

Funny you say that I have just done that, deleted everything and started from scratch. I'm not using SQL CE and I've go my installation back to basics.

I will stick with my external SQL server as thats up and running and give's me more control.

I will give your MVC solution a try, my server admin guy is doing some updates at the moment. I'll let you know how I get on

I'm a c# developer and web developer. Nothing exciting but its really frustrating as I know what I can do with code so expect everything to be easy.

If I'm struggling I dread to think how non-web and non-techys are managing with this

Dave

• Thomas Kahn 602 posts 506 karma points
    Sep 19, 2013 @ 14:05
    Thomas Kahn

Just like Dave, I had this problem in Umbraco 6. It occured when I created two templates with the same alias (one with no master template and the second with a master template). The result was that I couldn't delete, edit or save any templates.

I solved it by first reloading all nodes in the templates folder so I could see the two templates with the same alias. Then I changed the alias of one of them and saved it. Then I could delete the template that I didn't want and the problem was gone.

Before I did this I also tried touching web.config, but that didn't work for me.

/Thomas

• Chris Halcrow 20 posts 39 karma points
    Oct 08, 2013 @ 05:24
    Chris Halcrow

Stopping and starting the app pool fixed this for me

• Anthony Southworth 46 posts 173 karma points
    Aug 25, 2015 @ 10:27
    Anthony Southworth

I just had this error which occurred due to the same properties being added to a parent document type which already existed in the child doctype. This was on Umbraco V6.2.4.

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Oct 03, 2016 @ 21:02
    Mark Bowser

I just experienced the "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'xxx' Key being added: 'xxx'" error on an umbraco 6.2.6 site.

enter image description here

There were a bunch of duplicate copies of templates in our template tree. I believe these duplicate templates were caused by some mismanagement of uSync. Because of the error, we were unable to delete any of the duplicate and unused templates.

SOLUTION I renamed the name and alias of each offending duplicate template via the umbraco backoffice. Each time I tried this, I got an error from umbraco claiming that it couldn't save the template. That error was a lie. The template names and aliases were successfully changed. I was then able to delete the duplicates.

Hope this helps someone.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft