Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kristian schneider 190 posts 351 karma points
    Dec 20, 2010 @ 13:00
    kristian schneider

The richtext editor removes formatting

Hi.

I sometimes experince that the richtext editor "forgets" or sanitizes the styling of content.

I understand that it removes tags and similar that are not allowed but what I sometimes see is that it forexample removes bold tags and links.

Any Ideas?

best regards

Kristian

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 20, 2010 @ 13:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kristian

This sounds odd...which version of Umbraco does this happen on?

And are you sure someone has not been playing around with the settings in the tinymceeditor.config file in the config folder?

/Jan

Dec 20, 2010 @ 13:10
    kristian schneider

This occurs in a 4.5.2 version that has been upgraded from 4.0.4.2 and the config file should be untouched

• Manos Gatsios 21 posts 41 karma points
    Feb 22, 2011 @ 11:41
    Manos Gatsios

Hi Kristian,

I seem to experience exactly the same thing after upgrading a 4.0.3 version to 4.5.2 !

Do you have any tip or trick on how to get around this? 

Regards,

Manos

Feb 22, 2011 @ 13:06
    kristian schneider

Hi Manos.

Unfortunatly I don't rember getting a solution to this. We converted to 4.6.1 at some point and we don't have that problem today.

Sorry I can't help any further than this

/kristian

• Manos Gatsios 21 posts 41 karma points
    Feb 22, 2011 @ 13:39
    Manos Gatsios

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately upgrading to 4.6.x is not an option for us (at least not yet).

I will keep on looking for the answer and if I find anything of importance I will post it here.

Thanks again.

• Fergus Davidson 309 posts 588 karma points
    Feb 22, 2011 @ 14:10
    Fergus Davidson

i have also had this issue with chrome [something to do with the way the tinymce is called to the page], but firefox seems to be ok. what browser are you using.

there are several posts in the forum which deal with this issue and variants thereof - some seem to have solutions or workarounds.

• Anders Holmér 20 posts 41 karma points
    Feb 28, 2011 @ 11:11
    Anders Holmér

We got the same problem whith 4.6.1, and Business Starter Kit, it converts STRONG to SPAN, and next time I save, it's removes SPAN to nothing, if you are using Chrome or Safari, but works fine in Firefox.

• Dennis Milandt 190 posts 517 karma points
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 09:45
    Dennis Milandt

Does anyone have a solution to this? We are having the same problem in an installation. Strong tags are converted to span tags in Safari and Chrome.

- Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft