Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Darryl Godden 145 posts 197 karma points
    Apr 25, 2012 @ 10:57
    Darryl Godden

Can't type in new content - pressing any button saves

Hi all,

We recently moved our Umbraco site to a new server and now have a strange error. Whenever I create a new content I can call it a name without a problem, then when the tabs open with the property controls I cannot type in them.

As soon as you press a key it is as if you had pressed the save button (not the save and publish button).

I've never seen this before so I would appreciate your comments as this is fairly urgent.

Thanks,

Darryl

• Ian Smedley 97 posts 192 karma points
    Apr 25, 2012 @ 11:24
    Ian Smedley

That does sound like a very strange issue, I've had one thought really.

I wonder if there's some kind of JavaScript error in the UI, a possible cause might be due to the move, perhaps one of the many thousands of files in either the /umbraco or the /umbraco_client folder didn't copy (I have seen this when copying from FTP, in the log was about 20 files that for some reason didn't download)

Either that - or new permissions issues on some of the client files?

I'm out of ideas for now...

Apr 25, 2012 @ 11:25
    Darryl Godden

Indeed, someone had a similar error here:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/25198-Dictionary-item-saved-on-every-keypress

However his solution is not working in my case.

Apr 25, 2012 @ 11:36
    Darryl Godden

Right direction Mr Ian.

I uploaded the contents of the those folders (with skip if exist) then deleted the folders mentioned in the other thread (/App_Data/TEMP) then re-published the entire site, then reloaded the nodes and this seemed to solve it!

You're right about it skipping some of the content on FTP for some unknown reason:

And that's AFTER the whole site was FTP'd.

Forgot to mention in my original post, this is Umbraco 4.7.1.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft