Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jay 12 posts 32 karma points
    Jun 02, 2012 @ 07:00
    Jay

Can we develop Social Networking site in Umbraco?

Hello,

I want develop one Social Networking site like Facebook whhich contains Chat,Like,Comment etc..., is it possible to do so....

is there any package for that?

Thanks,

Jay

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 02, 2012 @ 15:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jay

It would be ace if there was a "facebook site package" and then you would just need to do some skinning and customization :) - But unfortunately such a package does not exist.

However you should be able to create any kind of site based on Umbraco (either 4 or 5) so I would indeed say that it would be possible to create a social networking site based on Umbraco. It's all a matter of you/your teams skills in technologies like C#, ASP.NET, XSLT, JavaScript etc. that sets the bar for what is possible to achieve.

The important thing in doing a Social Networking site I believe is to figure out the right content strategy and the righ application structure. I don't know if there is another platform out there, that has more features out of the box or is a better fit, but I'm sure it can be done based on Umbraco.

Hope this helps a bit.

/Jan

• Jay 12 posts 32 karma points
    Jun 04, 2012 @ 05:32
    Jay

Thank you JAN :-)

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jun 04, 2012 @ 11:00
    Lee Kelleher

A couple of years ago a package called SocialFront was started - not sure how far they go with it. The source-code is up on Google Code, it's MIT licensed, so you use it as a basis and extend it?

Following on from my reply in your other post... I guess any solution that you would to implement with Umbraco is going to require custom .NET development.

Cheers, Lee.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft