Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pete Wilson 11 posts 31 karma points
    Sep 19, 2012 @ 12:47
    Pete Wilson

TinyMCE Editor very slow when adding a 2nd link

Hello all,

We use the ever popular TinyMCE v3 WYSIWYG richtext editor in our version of Umbraco (v 4.0.4.2 Assembly version: 1.0.3811.17115), and rather odd things happens when adding links.

So you open a fairly standard page, e.g. with a maybe 4 or 5 data fields and then a body text area, you go to add a link and the dialog box loads straightaway no problem, link added, but the 2nd time you go to add a link in the same content the dialog box pops up but it can take up to 2 minutes for the link options to loads. During this 2 minutes it puts a huge hit on our server, with the CPU spiking, sqlservr.exe and w3wp.exe eating up loads of memory and then the server falls over (well the app pool does), until I recycle them and it comes back in about 30 seconds. As you can imagine all very annoying when you're adding lots of content with lots of links.

Incidently the same thing happens when adding images using the Improved Media Picker data type.

I just wondered if anyone elese has experienced this, and if so if there were any remedy to it?

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

Pete

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Sep 19, 2012 @ 18:01
    Tom Fulton

I don't remember exactly, but I think I've heard of similar issues caused by Gzip or content compression being turned on.  Can you maybe try running Fiddler or similar tool to see if you're getting any errors returned from any of the webservices, specifically tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx ?  (see this thread)  Not sure if this is the same problem, but I remember reading about something similar and I think this was it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft