Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Emil Christiansen 66 posts 148 karma points
    Mar 02, 2015 @ 13:50
    Emil Christiansen

Dublicate nodes in media-archive when using custom datatype/usercontrol

Hi there!

I'm having a weird problem:

On an Umbraco 6.2.4 using WebForms as the default rendering engine, i have a custom usercontrol.

I have created a new custom datatype which uses the "Umbraco Usercontrol Wrapper" and my custom usercontrol. The usercontrol inherits umbraco.editorControls.userControlGrapper.IUsercontrolDataEditor and implements the IUsercontrolDataEditor interface.

In the "Settings" section of Umbraco i have created a new property on the "Folder"-mediatype under the "Mediatypes" which uses my custom datatype.

If i then go to the media-section and click on one of the media-folders and navigate around between the Umbraco sections - dublicate nodes of some of the media-folders show up. And if i toggle between the "developer" and "media" sections in Umbraco - the names of the media-folders are concatted each time making the folder nodenames longer and longer.

I have tried with an "empty" usercontrol without any logic - and the problem still occur.

I have tried an application-recycle and restart of the website in the IIS without any luck.

Does anybody know what is going on - or have any idea what could be causing this odd behaviour?

Thanks in advance!

• Mads Krohn 211 posts 504 karma points c-trib
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 09:00
    Mads Krohn

IIRC we are experiencing a similar issue on a 6.2.4 project as well. So for now, I'm just here to listen :)

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 09:14
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

I've had this before with a custom tree: https://twitter.com/j_breuer/statuses/392277579513597953

Are there somehow nodes in the tree that have the same id?

Jeroen

Mar 03, 2015 @ 09:33
    Emil Christiansen

Hi Jeroen

Not sure what id's you are talking about :) ?

The nodes which are shown multiple times have the same node id's - but they should (of course) only be shown once each.

Look at the picture below for an example:

enter image description here

The custom usercontrol in the example below lies on the image-mediatype. And as posted above - the problem also occurs if it is just a plain clean usercontrol. If i remove the usercontrol - the problem is gone.

A couple of times i have somehow managed to get rid of the dublicate nodes. But an application-restart, site restart, web.config touch and so on doesn't seem to do the trick.

When the duplicate nodes disappear - i am not able to provoke the problem again... well, that is until it suddenly appears by itself again :|

/Emil

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 09:39
    Jeroen Breuer

I'm talking about the id of the node. You can find it on the properties tab. If something like this happens you might have a "ghost" node somewhere. When you sort the media do you see a duplicate node?

These topics might help:

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/17462-Missing-nodes-in-backend?p=1#comment68851

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/32558-Ghost-nodes-in-Content-Tree

Jeroen

Mar 03, 2015 @ 10:06
    Emil Christiansen

If i sort the nodes - the problem is gone.

The funny thing is - when i right click and choose "sort" i see no duplicate nodes as in your examples from the links.

The problem occurs almost everywhere in the media archive and disappears when i remove the usercontrol - it doesn't make sense to me that this problem is due to ghost nodes in the db if i can remove the problem "just" by deleting the usercontrol?

How should i be able to find the dublicate nodes in the db?

I have tried seachring for the name of the node in umbracoNode table - but only one node turns up.

/Emil

Aug 10, 2015 @ 08:38
    Emil Christiansen

Still experiencing this odd behavior!

A quick summary of the problem:

A clean usercontrol on the image-mediatype results in ghost-nodes in the media archive.

No nodes in the tree with same id. No ghost-nodes can be found in the database. If i right click and choose "sort" - no dublicate nodes exist. If i sort the nodes - the problem is gone - at least for a while.

Nobody with a good idea or fix ?

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft