Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I've set up a 126.96.36.199 site locally, which runs the current version of Feedcache. It's been working flawlessly for months while I've been developing it in my spare time.
I've since moved the site to the production server, and am having issues where the feeds aren't being grabbed. I've had a look in the umbracoLog, and am getting errors on both of the feeds I've got configured. If I delete the cached feed, it doesn't get recreated.
The production server is running Server 2008 + IIS 7. The issue happens regardless of whether I run the site's app pool in classic or integrated mode.
This is the error I'm seeing in the logs (I've modified the feed url in this example):
FMFEEDCACHE:http://www.example.org/rss/rss.aspx?id=100: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
Any ideas? Is there any way I can get more detailed information out of Feedcache?
I'm waiting on feedback from a friend who has RDP access to the server to see if maybe there's a proxy server enabled that requires authentication or something.
Forgot to mention, the local dev version has been running fine on Win7+IIS7.5
Yep, sounds a lot like a proxy server or a firewall blocking these specific requests. When the RDP guy is on the server, see if they can access the feed from the browser there and if the browser has any proxy settings enabled.
Seeing as the feed we needed to access was hosted within the same network, we just had to get an entry put into the hosts file to point the domain name in question to the internal IP. Internal DNS didn't resolve that domain name properly.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted