HQ Support to Umbraco Festivals
Umbraco Festivals are a great way of building and maintaining relationships within the community and between the community and Umbraco HQ.
Umbraco HQ will support the organizers of a given festival in accordance with these guidelines:
- The recipient of a sponsorship should live up to Umbraco HQ values.
- Umbraco HQ does not sponsor any events promoting competing products (add-ons, CMS etc)
- Sponsoring can only be agreed on before the festival takes place.
In-Kind sponsoring can consist of:
- Keynote speaker - typically the Chief Unicorn, Niels Hartvig.
- One or more speakers from HQ.
- Promotion through HQ online media e.g. newsletters, blog, twitter
- Umbraco swag e.g. stickers, t-shirts etc.
- Prizes eg. free seats on training, free Cloud sites, free nominative Codegarden ticket(s) (depending on the size of the festival), and other relevant.
- A free Umbraco Cloud project for the festival site and payment of the domain.
Financial sponsoring only in accordance with the general guidelines:
- Financial sponsoring is primarily given to help NEW festivals establish their brand and is given for a maximum of three(3) years.
- The financial sponsoring should make a difference - i.e. have an impact. And the amount is established on a case by case basis.
- Established festivals will only receive financial support for particular interesting Keynotes and normally the fee is shared with the organizers.
- It can be agreed that HQ places its training in connection to a festival - bundling of festival tickets and training tickets can be agreed upon between the organizers and HQ.
Brand and domain Guidelines:
- Must be used as the shape and the brand name (“U” in a circle + Umbraco).
- Logo color should be:
- Blue (#3544b1)
- White (#ffffff)
- Black (#000000)
- Logo shape must not be altered.
- The Codegarden name and logos are not to be used by anyone but Umbraco A/S for the annual Codegarden Conference.
- The Umbraco festivals are the only exception to the rule that no one can use Umbraco in the domain name.
- We appreciate that established festivals already have an established domain. For the new festivals, we provide domain and hosting for domains named: “umbracofestival.TLD”. (e.g. umbracofestival.nl)
- Umbraco HQ owns “umbracofestival” domains on the following top-level domains:
- If you already have an established festival domain on a different URL, we are happy to redirect traffic to it from the relevant domain mentioned above.