Annotating a document with meta data
The documentation markdown files are allowed to contain meta data. This is done by adding YAML at the top of the document.
To add meta data, the metadata is between two lines, each with three dashes. Every line contains a keyword followed by a '
:' and then the value e.g.:
--- versionFrom: 7.3.4 meta.Title: "Contribute to Umbraco CMS" meta.Description: "Explanation of how you can contribute to Umbraco, what the process is like and what things to keep in mind when contributing." ---
Supported meta data properties:
- versionFrom: A property with semver notation to indicate from which version this article is valid
- versionTo: A property with semver notation to indicate till which version this article is valid
- versionRemoved: A property with semver notation to indicate that the topic has been removed from a given version
- meta.Title: Used for SEO - Meta Title
- meta.Description: Used for SEO - Meta Description
We have also added other properties, that you are welcome to use. They currently do not have any underlying functionality, as this is something we are still working on.
- keywords: Space separated properties, adding the possibility to supply other keywords which improve findability
- tags: with space separated properties, adding the possibility to add tags which improve findability
- product: A property to provide information about which product(s) the article is relevant for
- complexity: Adds information about the level of complexity within the article
- Audience: Adds information about the intended audience for the article